Crypto Philanthropy Information and Resources
Crypto Philanthropy statistics, research, and analysis
- The Giving Block’s 2021 annual report synthesizes crypto giving data from over 1,000 nonprofits. It includes data and analysis on how much was given in 2021, how crypto philanthropy has grown over time, and how the field is evolving in response to new trends like NFTs.
- Galaxy Digital Research’s report on crypto giving in 2021 aggregates data from multiple giving platforms, examines crypto donor demographics, and discusses crypto giving to both registered nonprofits and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) pursuing social good.
- Fidelity Charitable’s 2022 Giving Report includes extensive discussion of the explosive growth in crypto giving by Fidelity Charitable clients.
- Top Milestones in Crypto Philanthropy provides a timeline of important events and innovations in the crypto giving space.
- The Rise of NFT Fundraising is a thorough report on how nonprofits can utilize non-fungible tokens to pursue their missions, authored by The Giving Block.
- The Crypto Altruism Podcast releases two episodes a week shining a light on blockchain and cryptocurrency projects that are making use of this innovative technology for the advancement of social good.
- Crypto Good is a free newsletter providing the latest intelligence on crypto for good.
- Web3ForGood is a free weekly roundup of the ways Web3 tech can used to make the world a better place.
- What Good Is Crypto?, a fundraiser co-organized by The Life You Can Save, included two outstanding panel discussions about using crypto for good. Sam Bankman-Fried (founder of FTX), Peter Singer (founder of The Life You Can Save), and Sibongani Kayola (GiveDirectly’s Country Manager in Liberia) participated in the first panel, moderated by Rhys Lindmark (co-founder of Roote). The second panel, moderated by Laura Shin (host of Unchained Podcast), featured Arthur Breitman (co-founder of Tezos), Caroline Ellison (co-CEO of Alameda Research), and Haseeb Qureshi (Managing partner at Dragonfly Capital). We invite you to check out the video and/or transcript of this event to hear insights from these VIP panelists.
- Crypto Philanthropy Club is a community of people using crypto to support cost-effective charities working on the world’s most important issues. They’ve also launched a new podcast.
- EAs in Crypto is a Facebook group for Effective Altruists interested in crypto to connect and share ideas.
Crypto Philanthropy news featuring The Life You Can Save
- The Web3ForGood interviewed The Life You Can Save about Maximizing Impact with Effective Altruism and Crypto Philanthropy
- Devex quotes The Life You Can Save in its article about the prospects for crypto philanthropy in 2022
- In his Axios Capital newsletter, Felix Salmon featured a What Good Is Crypto? fundraiser co-organized by The Life You Can Save.
- Crypto Philanthropy in Australia was a Twitter Spaces featuring The Life You Can Save, Doctors Without Borders Australia, The Giving Block, Australian International Development Network, and Mark Carnegie.
- The Life You Can Save was featured on Ausbiz’s Cracking Crypto segment, discussing how nonprofits are using crypto for the greater good
- The Life You Can Save was interviewed about The Rise of Cryptocurrency Philanthropy on Stockhead’s “On the Bid with Oriel Morrison” segment
- Yahoo Finance writes about The Life You Can Save’s entrance into the crypto philanthropy space.